Thursday, May 14, 2009

BOOM! Headshot!

The only time I like to see a gun is in my video games. I am against concealed guns on campus. Last time I checked there was a big shooting on UT campus a few years back. A sniper in the UT tower killed numerous people before he finally was arrested. I rather not walk down Guadalupe and get mugged for money so he can order off the dollar menu. Weapons should be prohibit regardless. As dangerous it is down near campus, it's not dangerous enough to carry firearms.

I believe the article is aim towards the college administrators and students. Ralph is also against the idea of concealed firearms as he quotes other administrators that are strongly against it also. He proves a good point quoting Cigarroa on the fact that no one could really determine who is the good guy and the bad guy. I agree on this statement because the excuse of "defending" yourself isn't right to blow someone's head off. Ralph quoted Ronald Thomas statement about an armed user could help shorten a tragedy before the police arrive. I would have to disagree on this. It's the police job to tend to this mater. The civilian job is to call 911. If the civilian had firearms they could also make matters worse. Beside, there's plentiful of police patroling around campus, so their arrival time shouldn't be too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment